- Replace your Filter Regularly- dirty filters slow air flow and waste energy. Check filters monthly during heavy use and change the filter at least every 3 months.
- Annual Check-Up – Schedule a tune-up for your system to catch small problems before they become big problems.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat - If you don’t already have one, get one. According to Energy Star, it can help you save about $180 in energy costs each year.
- Check for Duct Leaks – Seal seams and connections with duct mastic or foil tape, especially in areas of the house such as basement, crawlspace, or attic.
- Refrigerant Charge – Your system must be properly charged for the highest efficiency and maximum life of the system. Your HVAC Service Technician will test and confirm that the system is properly charged, and add or remove refrigerant if needed.
Ask us about Aprilaire Dehumidifiers to increase the comfort of your home.